Some of you might recognized, some might not: Is-a-furry.org has a new set of SSL certificates.
And now the Web and the XMPP Server use the same set of certs.
The last years I used a lot of certificate providers. Startcom, Geotrust, RapidSSL, Symantec etc.etc.
Now I try a new provider: Lets Encrypt.
– It’s free (less costs for me)
– It’s scriptable. Means I don’t have to update them by hand and restart all services. – This can be done automatically
– I get a warning if my certs are running out
– Same cert for Webserver and Chatserver
– They are only valid for three month. So there are four changes/year instead of one.
If you get a certificate warning when connecting to is-a-furry.org, be sure you have the right certificate.
03 3e 4b db ec 5f 92 ce 19 32 d9 71 e8 04 d3 22 8e 91
f5 d2 a6 20 41 6b 22 b8 4e f7 6f 22 f9 4e 6f 32 b3 27 61 38
Let’s Encrypt Authority X3
Thanks for your patience
Oh, by the way:
SSL Labs A+ rating 😀