I think it’s time for a bigger update.
Is-a-furry.org moved to a new server (again). Reason? Same power for less money. While moving, you realized a downtime of the mail and messaging server.
I was quite busy. Not just moving all the files and stuff, I also configured A LOT of new cool shit.
- Now you can use a photo management service (https://pics.is-a-furry.org). This is not just to create an account and albums and stuff, its also useful for just uploading an image and share the link. Like tinypic.com or imageshack.us and stuff. There is just one difference: I don’t claim the copyright of YOUR pics. They are yours. Feel free to use it.
- Is-a-furry.org also has now a nextcloud instance. (https://cloud.is-a-furry.org) – You can request an account via ticket system. You can use nextcloud to synchronize your contacts and calendar on your phone without giving them all to Google/Microsoft/Apple, Or sync them between your phone and your eMail client.
- There is now a WIKI system. It’s not filled yet, but I will write articels now and then and explain how to do things.
There is also a lot of changes “backstage”:
- The eMail server now uses a new hashing algorythm. If you have an email account from iaf.org then you should already receiven an email on how to update your password.
- The whole webhosting switched to PHP 7 since older versions are outdated or lost their support
- A complete new SSL infrastructure – the mailserver and the chatserver have now an own set of certificates. Now you can ise imap.is-a-furry.org or smtp.is-a-afurry.org and you will not receive an SSL error.
- The ticket System received an update
- The chatserver refuses messages from contacts NOT in your list. means spammer which send you permanent Jabber SPAM will not be able to message you now. You have to add a contact to your buddy-list to receive messages from them.
I continue work on things espechially the wiki.